We arrived in our resort in Sparks, NV Saturday evening and made a run for the grocery store to get food for the next couple of days.On Sunday we went to sacrament meeting at a local ward. The meeting was really great. Their theme was on the pioneers and on sacrifice. I especially liked a talk a woman gave where she talked about how our true sacrifices and growth come when we go the extra mile. Which means going beyond making the initial sacrifice we are asked to make and giving even more. This made me think a lot about the current sacrifices I have to make right now in my life and the attitude I have about them.
She also spoke about how the advesary uses good things to crowd out the essential things in our life. This was humbling for me as I realized that this is truly what has happened in my life lately. I recommited myself to sacrificing the good things to make room for the essential things like personal scripture study and prayer. It was also nice to be able to listen to the talks in sacrament meeting with the extra hands to help with the kids.


After the meetings we made a visit to the Reno temple. This was the first of three temples we got to see on our trip.
1 comment:
Great pictures (again)! ha ha! That was a good meeting! Mom says; We sure enjoyed having you along! :D
Post a Comment