I was reading one of my old journal entries from Mother's Day 2000 and thought I would share it, in tribute to my mom and upcoming Mother's Day. So, here it is, directly from my journal:
"I really love my mother. She really takes care of me and watches over me in every way possible. I never have a qualm with the way she has brought me up. To make things even more wonderful I feel like she is my best friend. I don't hide anything from her and know I couldn't if I wanted to. And even though I feel like she catches me in my faults and weaknesses, I know she still loves me dearly. She still loves me enough to be willing to listen to my long drawls of complaints and worries. At the end of it all she is prepared with all the answers and is there if I just need a hug.
We were talking about a fun family night where Catherine first saw a rainbow and loved it. We went in for a while, but Catherine wanted to go back out and see the rainbow. When they did go out to find it it was no longer there. She demanded that Mom put it back. In discussing it, my mom laughed at the unfailing faith children have in their mothers that they can do anything. She went on to confess that they must realize as they become older and wiser that their mothers can not do everything. But, I must confess I still have a strong belief that she can do anything."
Reading this makes me smile.
Mom, now that I have become a little more "older and wiser" I know that you can't do everything that you wish you could for us. But I do know that you have done and do everything that you could and should do for us. I want you to know that I still think of you as "Super Mom" because you are truly amazing in every way. I know you have sacrificed a lot as a mother. You are an example to me on motherhood, but also on balancing your own development and needs.
I love you Mom and I hope that you soak in all the good this Mother's Day! Because you deserve every bit of it!
1 comment:
I wish there was a "like" button for bloggers. Often times, as mothers, we have a tendency to discount all of the good things we do by comparing ourselves to other woman who we think are doing a greater job. Sometimes moms just need to step back, look at all they have made it through, and give themselves a big pat on the back!
Post a Comment