This last weekend(June 14th)Dad, Mom, Daniel, Nathan, Seth and I all went down to Kanab. All of us boys went and hiked the good old Paria River. Starting at Wire Pass and hiking all the way down to Lee's Fairy. We woke up Saturday morning ate breakfast and got ready to go. Mom dropped us off at Wire Pass and we started our journey at 5:45 that morning. We all enjoyed ourselves and had a good time. We saw an owl and a dead eagle of some sort in the narrow areas. The one thing we were all surprised about was there was no water pools that we had to walk or swim through. In fact we did not get our feet wet until after the confluence. We reached the eight mile mark at exactly at 8am. We got to the confluence around 9:45am. The first part of that hike seemed go by quick. We had lunch around 12:30 that afternoon. We saw quite a few hikers that we passed by. They asked where we came from and where we were headed and we told them. They were quite amazed that we were doing the hike all in one day. The toughest part of the hike was the last 5 miles and we all wanted to be done. We all finished around 9pm Arizona time and 10pm Utah time. Mom picked us up and took us to the hotel in Page, where we took it easy. Mom brought back drinks and ice cream from the store for us to enjoy. I am proud of Nathan and Seth who were able to go all the way, even though it got rough at times. I was especially happy that my Father was able to do it again. If he wasn't there it would not have been as fun. We are all happy that it is over and done with. The memories will always be there in the back of our heads. I for one will always remember the great bonding time that I had with my Dad as we are hiking through the narrows and the goose necks. Yes this will definitely be our last time doing the full 45 miles and probably the last time we will hike the Paria. Unless any of my kids in the future ever want to try and do something as crazy as this, then I will support them and go all the way with them.
I will have pictures of our hike in the coming weeks. In the mean time here is a picture of Aine in the bath tub for the first time.
3 comments:
You guys are animals! Way to go!
Aine is soooo cute!
I'll never forget the first time you hiked to Lee's Ferry on accident:) I agree with Melissa. . . animals. I'm glad you had a nice bonding time with your Dad and brothers. Those times come far and few between.
I like your new blog layout.
Sounds like it was a neat experience to share with your dad and brothers expecially over Father's Day. I'll always admire your endurance.
Looks like Aine is enjoying herself. Just taking it easy.
Post a Comment