So, remember how it wasn't feeling at all like Christmas? Well, it is only a day away and I think I'm starting to feel it. I mean how can I resist with a happy baby like Aine in front of a Christmas tree? Spencer and I sat down and watched "Meet the Robinsons" (thank you Catie!) while I rapped gifts tonight. I reaffirmed that I am no good at wrapping gifts, especially odd shaped ones. But most of them were for Aine, so I figured she wouldn't care much.
I'm hoping that she will have more fun just tearing the wrapping paper apart. Anyways, wrapping and just being able to spend some down time with Spencer and Aine has really helped my holiday spirits. I think, especially with this being Aine's first Christmas, that having her has really changed what Christmas is for me.
Now, I'm excited for her to see all the new experiences that Christmas brings. I'm excited for her to see the magic that comes this time of year and to feel it again in my heart. I know, it's cheesy, but that's exactly why this time of year has always been my favorite. It can be cheesy and it's okay.
I think, if I had it my way this year, I would be spending Christmas day with Aine and Spencer at home. Sorry Grandparents, I know that's selfish of me. It's just that with work and then all the stuff going on after work, I'm missing the one on one time with Spencer and Aine. It breaks my heart. I would just love to spend the day with them. I would be soaking in every minute I get to just be with them. Especially when I don't have to worry about anything else but enjoying their company. They truly are the very best gifts I have this Christmas!
P.S. Don't tell Spencer I put this picture up. Let's just see how long it takes him to realize it's on here and then kill me out of embarrassment. I think he thought I was just going to delete this when I was done, but I think its funny.
2 comments:
We're staying home on Christmas day for that same reason, to enjoy eachothers company. I just love that picture of Spencer and it looks like Aine has done pretty good about leaving the tree alone.
I love the pic of Spencer! Thanks for posting it Faith! Little Aine sure is a cutie...
Post a Comment