Charity came over Sunday night, just in time for us to make holiday goodies. So we made some delicious caramels, cute little Mexican Wedding Cookies (minus the powdered sugar), and a sorry excuse for fudge. My sister and I about wet our pants because we were laughing so hard at our fudge. We had to take a picture to prove how ugly it looked. We wanted everybody to laugh with us. I think we must have cooked it at just the right temperature for the sugar to crystallize and separate from the butter. It still tasted really good though. We put it back on a low heat to see if we could get the sugar to redissolve and it did help a little. We decided to call it a chocolate crumble rather than fudge. Que Sera.
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Oops! I Did it again
Charity came over Sunday night, just in time for us to make holiday goodies. So we made some delicious caramels, cute little Mexican Wedding Cookies (minus the powdered sugar), and a sorry excuse for fudge. My sister and I about wet our pants because we were laughing so hard at our fudge. We had to take a picture to prove how ugly it looked. We wanted everybody to laugh with us. I think we must have cooked it at just the right temperature for the sugar to crystallize and separate from the butter. It still tasted really good though. We put it back on a low heat to see if we could get the sugar to redissolve and it did help a little. We decided to call it a chocolate crumble rather than fudge. Que Sera.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Man, I've been there (lots). Last year I had to dump three cookie sheets of soggy, nasty toffee disasters in the garbage... One batch I could pull off as "chewy ice cream topping"- ha! it keeps us creative, right?
I still commend you for trying... I'll a little intimidated by making fudge.
If it made you laugh it had to be good for you, right? Hurrah! You've invented healthy fudge!
will you please e-mail me your current address ;)
alison@brashers.com
thank you.
Post a Comment